Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fun tag game - You might be an SEO If...

It's the first day of SES London and I'm stuck inside with a bad case of the flu, seriously bad luck. Gutted I missed the first day, but hey I'm going no matter what tomorrow.

Just checked my blog and realised I have been tagged by Kichus in this fun tagging game that Skitzzo started on SEOrefugee. So to cheer myself up here is me trying to be funny.

You might be an SEO if:

• You think Google would be an appropriate name for your first born

• You get weak at the knees by hearing the name “Matt Cutts” or “Rand Fishkin”
• You think Rand Fishkins proposal was the most romantic proposal ever =)
• When someone mentions off-line advertising you feel like hitting them in the head with a hammer
• When your idea of a compliment is: “Nice PageRank” or “I love the way you write a title tag”
• When your idea of the perfect man is someone that works for the government and your ideal engagement present wouldn’t be a ring but a link.
• When someone says hat you immediately think, “uh, white or black?”
• When you really wish you have thought of the slogan “Never Mess With a Woman Who Can Pull Rank”

Now I think I will tag: rmccarley, Sugarrae, Rebecca at SEOmoz, Darren Moloney and kid_disco

6 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 7:53 pm, Blogger Dan Caplin said...

Hey Lisa,

Shame you didn't make it to the conference today. I did hear someone sneezing and coughing in the front row during one of the seminars and thought it was you..

You didn't miss anything today. It was a really boring day, I didn't learn anything and I wish I was at work... ;)

I'll tell you the truth if I see you tomorrow, don't want to make you feel any worse.

 
At February 14, 2007 5:57 pm, Blogger Darren Moloney said...

Lisa

Sorry to hear you're ill.... I wouldn't worry at least you get to go... I cannot make it at all due to demands of work and previous engagement I booked prior to knowing about SES London.

Thanks for the tag. Get well soon!

Daz

 
At February 15, 2007 10:21 pm, Blogger Christian said...

Hey Lisa,

It was good meeting you at SES.
Lovin your blog!

Christian (Jobsite)

 
At February 16, 2007 1:10 pm, Blogger Lisa Ditlefsen said...

Hiya Christian,
Great to meet you too dude. You guys were wise to leave when you did. Me and househunter (Dan) left just before 11 and we were drunk =)It was a great party. Will be posting some pictures later on today.

 
At February 16, 2007 2:27 pm, Blogger Dan Caplin said...

Well that was jolly good fun...

I mean, the free booze was a bonus but at this precise moment I am wearing a rather fetching visor, my mouse is enjoying a slick, clean surface and I feel calm and stress free while I squeeze my oversized dice!

Great to meet you yesterday Lisa and thanks again for directing me to the tube, although unfortunately I didn't make it back to Brighton until 8am - but hey, that's a whole other story...

I can remember there were some classic photos taken; I look forward to seeing those...

Right, I'm off to book some flights to Seattle...apparently someone rather foxy is going to be there?!

 
At March 06, 2007 1:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

• The first word your daughter could read was not hat, or cat, but Google.
• You've actually talked in person using acronyms, "So, did you hear Y updated?"
• The word canon is an obvious abbreviation for the word canonical... what cameras?
• Your parents tell people your career consists of "those ebay pages that come up all the time when you search for something in Google".
• When you answer the question "real or fake, does it matter?" by asking, "wait, are we talking about boobs or backlinks?".
• You've said outloud, "I'm so gonna blog that".
• Your child says, "my mommy yells at Google on the computer" when asked what her mom does for a living.
• When you've actually said (this is so serious - true story) to a guy about whether or not you prefer material gifts or thoughtful ones: "I'm like a link, much better results if you get me organically".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home